1.1. I have read this FAQ but I haven't found a solution for my problem. What shall I do next?
- If you have problems with a particular report, please attach it to your email as well (if possible). Also, if your report is not too entangled with your environment and you'd be able to provide us with sample data that we could use to run your report, it would help us a lot in finding out what the problem is.
- One more thing that can help us to find out what's wrong is generating a log file: Before calling SetParams(), please add loSession.initLog(). Then, when you run XFRX next time, _XFRX.log file will be generated in the default directory. This file logs all errors that are trapped during XFRX execution. Attaching this file to the email is a big help for us as well.
2. Installation and setup
2.1. I am evaluating XFRX. It works fine in development, but when I try to compile the demo in my project, the VFP quits or crashes. Is that because it is a demo version?
loSession = EVALUATE[XFRX('XFRX#INIT')]This way XFRX.APP does not get into the project and you will be able to compile without problems. The commercial version is not affected by this problem.
2.2. XFRX works fine on some computers but on others I am getting this error:" Library xfrxlib.fll is invalid" or "cannot load xfrxlib.fll". The SetParams method returns -6.
2.3. XFRX doesn't seem to be creating a private data session for my reports even though their private data session flag is set on. We are using VFP 6.
2.4. Does XFRX change SET PATH TO?
3.1. We will eventually go to Version 9 of Visual Foxpro. But right now we are using VFP8. Should I order your product for Version 8 or Version 9? If I ordered VFP8 what will it cost to upgrade to VFP9?
4.1. Do I have to distribute my reports (FRT and FRX) files with my application or is XFRX able to access the reports (and other resources) built in into the exe?
5. XFRX output - general
5.1. The paper size is wrong, landscape reports are generated as portrait.
5.2. In my reports, I am using graphs (word documents, bar codes) that are embedded in a general field. When I tried to print of these reports with XFRX it does not print the embedded general field.
XFRX can extract WMF from OLE presentation record since XFRX 16.1.
5.3. My report has a variable which is replaced with ".F." in the output document.
5.4. Erorr message "Do nesting level exceeded"
Ther error message cause, if XFRX cannot load hndlib.dll under VFP 7,8,9.
6. XFRX output - Excel specific questions
6.1. I am finding that the Excel output feature is creating a lot of extra boxes and not making columns like I thought.
7. XFRX output - XPS specific questions
7.1. What is XPS?
7.2. Does XFRX require .NET framework to generate XPS?
7.3. How can I view the XPS documents?
8. XFRX output - HTML specific questions
8.1. The footer of one page overprints the header of the next page. How can I fix this problem?
- When converting the output to HTML, add losession.shrinkHeight(0) before running losession.TransformReport(). This will lengthen the page and the result would look fine - but, if you try to print this from MSIE, the pages might be too long to fit on paper (depending on the footer size).
- You can intercept the HTML export event (see and process the report again, directly to HTML. For more information about interception the export events, please see "Registering an extension handler" chapter in the developer's guide.
9. XFRX Previewer
9.1. How can I tell what action the user did in the previewer - whether they just previewed the report or printed or exported it?
10. VFP 9.0 related questions
10.1. I am currently using XFRX in VFP 8.0 and would like to upgrade to VFP 9.0. Do you need to modify any code to start using XFRX for VFP 9.0?
10.2. I am running XFRX in VFP 9.0 but the new reporting features in VFP 9.0 (e.g. multiple detail bands) don't seem to be working.
10.3. I am trying to run XFRX in VFP 9.0 but I am getting 'Class definition XFRXLISTENER is not found.' and 'Wrong argument type'.
10.4. When users change the Windows display setting to 150%, when showing a report using the ReportListener, it cuts off the canvas of the report. Outside a certain area it just displays grey, also when I try to resize the preview container.
VFP report previewer
- The bug is in ReportOutput.app and ReportBuilder.app, see http://vfpx.codeplex.com/releases/view/10984
- Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in exe shortcut properties on Compatibility page
- Call at start application API function SetProcessDPIAware()
10.5. Property CALLADJUSTOBJECTSIZE is not found.
This property was added in VFP 9.0 SP2. Please, check if is VFP RT 9.0 SP2 (18.104.22.16821) on computer - https://www.berezniker.com/content/pages/visual-foxpro/vfp-90-versions